Memories

Yesterday, I went to Nicholas Carbonaro’s art exhibit event. Firstly, I want to say that I really enjoyed the setup. His art was beautifully arranged along the wall, there were chips and salsa (hard to go wrong there), and a great student jazz band playing. I went a little before 5:15, so I walked up close to the paintings and artwork to check them out in detail. It was interesting to see the different styles that Mr. Carbonaro had in his work. While some exhibited pointillism, some of the other paintings looked Picasso inspired. There were even photographs arranged in an artistic fashion. They were all very aesthetically pleasing.

Looking at the paintings, upon first inspection I didn’t really understand them. I could make out shapes of animals and people in some of them, but I didn’t grasp what their significance was. One of the biggest aspects of the night that stood out to me was when Mr. Carbonaro was discussing his artwork and pointed out that the whole exhibit was a showcase of “memories”. All of the artwork on the wall was his memories and the ways he had perceived them at the time. I really appreciated this point, and I was able to enjoy the exhibit in a new way after that revelation.