Final Weeks!

It is so crazy that my summer is now over, and the CCE internship has come to a close! These past two weeks, I started out by making the “Fall Veggie Salad” in the CCE Tompkins county kitchen. This recipe is full of apples, peaches, broccoli, corn, red bell pepper, cucumber, carrots, and so much goodness. I enjoyed the meditative time in the kitchen chopping veggies and creating beautiful dishes.

After cooking, I went to Trumansburg market to serve samples and talk with people about FMNP. My last Wednesday at Trumansburg was glorious, and there were so many happy families. The music was wonderful, and so many people got up to dance and enjoy the August sun.

Next, I went to the Elmira market on Tuesday. It was very small, and the weather was very ominous and stormy. Because there were very few people at the market, I took some of the Amish children who were helping at their family farm stand over to the river. It was really nice to be with the kids and see them playing in the river without a care in the world. I love childlike wonder and play. I did speak to a few people about FMNP in Elmira, but the market was strikingly slow.

Next, I went to the Ithaca Wednesday market. It was pouring rain, and my tent was leaking quite a bit. Luckily, some of my farmer friends brought me edible flowers to use in my baking! It is lovely to be making friends with the vendors at each market, and I love exchanging little gifts, produce, and baked goods. The market was decently busy despite the rain, and it was nice to push through the yucky weather.

Finally, I went to Montour falls for the last market of my internship. I talked to a lot of people, and my samples were a hit. It was nice to see familiar faces, but I also met some new vendors and saw new customers. My bosses came to the market to talk about the end of my market season and to help me move all my market gear over to their cars. How kind! It was really awesome to have such a nice last market day, and I really appreciated the support from my bosses.

Enjoy these last photos!