Week 5~ Seneca Falls, Trumansburg, and Montour Falls

Hello Everyone!

Another week has passed, and I have stories about three farmers markets. I started the week by preparing the same recipe as last week,  the tossed veggie parade~ it is full of corn, romaine, peppers, cucumbers, beets, carrots, radishes, kale, and loads of nutritious veggies. It makes me happy to create such a nutrient rich recipe to share with community members all over upstate NY.

This week I went to Seneca Falls for the first time. This market was a little over an hour away, and I got distracted by baby horses and goats on my drive over. Eyes on the road! The market had a lovely energy, and there were FMNP check distributers as well as other CCE tables. It was nice to see so many people working to create a sustainable and equitable food system. Sadly, the market ended a bit early because of some extreme thunderstorms and rain.

Then I went to Trumansburg on Wednesday. It was happy and lively as always, and the live music was played by the Yardvarks. It was very entertaining 🙂 There was a big rainstorm mid-market, but it didn’t stop people from coming. After the rain, we had even more customers than before.

Finally, I went to Montour Falls on Thursday. It was a very small market this time, only 5 vendors. It was also brutally hot, and there weren’t many people coming to the market. I got to have some lovely conversations with the other vendors, and I learned a lot about what it is like to work on a farm full time. I enjoyed brainstorming ways to get farms and farmers more involved with the movement towards food security. I want FMNP to be more connected to farmers, and I think that CCE can really become more connected to the local farmers and help them bring more extra produce to food insecure families.

Overall it was a good week for the markets, and people really loved the sample despite the large amount of veggies!

Enjoy the photos below.