When do you remove your high school experience from your resume and cover letter?

It was the beginning of the spring semester and most clubs were recruiting again. This also meant drafting many cover letters, editing and reediting your resume a million times until you got it just right. During my application process one main problem that I had with editing my resume was figuring out when do I remove my high school experience from my resume? When I was stuck with this dilemma I decided to attend the Rose seminar: secret behind the cover letter.

This seminar was very helpful and answered a lot of the questions I had. Most importantly it answered my main purpose for attending the seminar. I learned that its best to have one large document with all your past experiences from high school or even middle school to now. Then based on the industry or job or in my case club I was applying to I should cater my resume to fit the job description.

The seminar helped me in terms of understanding how to cater my resume and cover letter to the specific job or position I am applying to. I even learned that even if it was an activity or a leadership role you had in high school it would be wise to keep it in your as long as it’s relevant. Therefore, the key to knowing when you need to delete your high school experience from your resume depends on relevance.