Dear SIPS Community,
I clearly took on WAY too much work this summer and have been delinquent in sending out the August update. I am including a few items below and will have a more thorough update in September. I’m looking forward to the academic year starting and things calming down a bit!
Active Learning Update:
Several of us from SIPS attended a full day active learning retreat in July. We learned lots and will share with everyone when our active learning brown bag lunches start this fall.
2019 – 2020 Faculty Search updates:
We have been given permission for THREE faculty searches in SIPS for the 2019-2020 academic year. Search committees have been approved and the process is moving forward.
- Genomics-empowered biology of plant pathogenic fungi (PPPMB)
- Plant synthetic biology (PB) https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/14180
- Physiology of fruit crop adaptation to climate change (Hort)
2018 – 2019 Faculty Search updates:
- Assistant Professor: Grape Disease Ecology & Epidemiology. Katie Gold has accepted our offer and will start as an Assistant Professor Feb 2020
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Specialty Crop Systems. Lynn Sosnoskie has accepted our offer and will start as an Assistant Professor September 2019
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Digital Agriculture: Agronomy. Negotiations are in process with the top candidate
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Breeding for Sustainable Forage Cropping Systems. There will be a new search for this position.
Thanks for your effort and passion in support of SIPS:
Congratulations to the following people who were recognized with a SIPS Kudos in the last month!
- Emily Detrick – Going above and beyond
- Alicia Caswell – Strong team spirit
- Tara Reed – Strong team spirit
- Mandy Kafka – Strong team spirit
- Laura Dougherty – Going above and beyond
- Julie Hansen – Going above and beyond
- Jamie Crawford – Going above and beyond
- Tami Payne – Strong team spirit
- Tracy Holdridge – Strong team spirit
PLEASE remember to recognize people in our SIPS community that have gone out of their way to enhance our School. All you have to do is complete the brief form here
All the best,