Dear SIPS community,
Please help welcome two new faculty that started July 1 – stop by and say hi when you have a chance! Both have told me they very much want to meet everyone in SIPS.
- Carlyn Buckler (Associate Professor of Practice) – Room 118 Plant Science
- Margaret Frank (Assistant Professor Plant Biology) – Room 251 Plant Science
The final report from our Diversity Audit was attached to the all-SIPS mailing I sent out on July 4th. You may remember that the audit was conducted during the 2017/18 academic year buy Ricky Stuart of Gender at Work. The SIPS executive committee is working to enable recommendations from the audit. I hope you find the audit informative – I know I did.
Equally important is for everyone to be aware of the revised Consensual Relationships Policy:
Cornell AgriTech News:
- Cornell University’s NY State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva has been re-branded as Cornell AgriTech, check it out https://brand.cals.cornell.edu/cornell-agritech/
- Cornell AgriTech also held a successful and inspiring symposium last week. Read about the highlights: https://blogs.cornell.edu/sips/2018/07/02/2018-cu-agritech-symposium-highlights-diverse-graduate-student-research/
Faculty search updates:
- Assistant/Associate Professor of International Cropping Systems. I’m pleased to announce that Andy McDonald has accepted Cornell’s offer and will be starting January 1, 2019.
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Plant-Microbe Biology. An offer has been made to the top candidate and negotiations are ongoing.
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Grape Disease Ecology & Epidemiology (Geneva Campus). This search will re-open next month and Tom Burr will be the chair of the search committee.
Congratulations to the following people who were recognized with a SIPS Kudos in the last month!
- Tara Reed
- Michele Blackmore
- Ed Cobb
- Tami Payne
- Michael Gore
- Tara Nihill
- Craig Cramer
- Alicia Caswell
- Jenn Thomas-Murphy
If you would like to recognize anyone in SIPS, complete the brief form here:
All the best,