Unique Days of the Week

Last Friday I watched the film What Happened to Monday. While I found the film to be very interesting, it was the premise itself that I particularly liked. The movie was about a society where families were limited to only one child, with any additional children being “put into cryosleep.” The movie followed the lives of identical septuplets, who are hiding from the government by all pretending to be the same person. The sisters, who are all named after a different day of the week, each spend a particular day of the week (the day that matches their name) outside as “Karen Settman.” In order to hide from the government, each of the sisters has to essentially act the same when they are in this role, regardless of their individual personalities. This prevents them from being able to be themselves when they are out in public. While the film quickly moved to focusing on the sisters’ struggle to survive the government’s attempts to kill them, I would have really liked if the movie focused on their attempts to individualize themselves without getting themselves all killed.

One thought on “Unique Days of the Week

1. Wowza that sounds like a great premise for a movie! Wish I could have watched it. Oh no that wasn’t a spoiler was it? I hope they really didn’t all die that would be so sad!