Powerlines and EHubs

I knew there was always something wrong with the design of college town. It looked so overcrowded and cluttered for some reason. I believe a major part of that was all those unburied power lines! Now that they’ve been pointed out to me, I don’t think I can ever unsee them.

That was one of the many things we heard at the Architecture and Development Rose Cafe last week. Noah showed us some excellent (and very expensive looking) projects his company, STREAM, is working on in Ithaca. Just like those powerlines, now that I’ve seen what STREAM is working on, I don’t think I can unsee how multiple projects are connected to Noah’s company. Like the new building complex in college town that is modern and beautiful and sticks out like a sore thumb. Or the EHub, also in college town, which apparently used to be a hot mess of glass and brick (alright now a mess, it was just boring and ugly). But we’ve all passed by the EHub and seen how beautiful it is against the quaintness of college town.

It’s cool that through this program we can be connected to people that have so much influence on the things we see around us every day.