Behind the Scenes of West Campus

I feel much more comfortable about sending in maintenance requests to custodial services after this cafe. I hate to impose and I thought my requests would be too menial. However, hearing the head of the custodial services assure us that they’re here to make us comfortable made me more relaxed. I was also surprised to hear about how other residents send in all sorts of maintenance requests and that everybody pretty much has the same problems. I’m glad I got to meet the person who actually reads and distributes the requests. He explained how everything worked  and now I’m more understanding about this process. I admired how he put his workers through a mental health workshop so that they would know how to deal with certain situations with students. I haven’t been here long because I’m a transfer, but I’ve learned along the way about how genuine the faculty and staff here are with making you feel at home. I really appreciate the custodial services and how much effort they put into making us feel comfortable, no matter how small the request is.

One thought on “Behind the Scenes of West Campus

1. That talk was excellent! He cares a lot about us students, even though most of us don’t realize it. I missed the bit on mental health but it makes me appreciate the maintenance crew even more!