Facilities Staff at Rose

Last week I went to a cafe where we talked about the facilities staff. It was very interesting because I learned that the maintenance crew has almost no time to get all of the rooms ready between after students move out for the guests that are coming to stay in the dorm. I definitely think that they should have more time to prepare because cleaning a building as big as Rose can take a while! We also talked about we can always call facilities if we feel that the bathrooms aren’t clean enough etc. I think that one reason that I personally don’t do so is that I don’t want to bother anyone. I know that the bathroom will get cleaned/restocked eventually, and so it seems almost silly to call someone. I think that this is something that I’ll try to work on because it was mentioned at the talk that the maintenance staff is more than happy to respond to our concerns. Living in Founders last year wasn’t ideal, partly because of the bathrooms, and I wished that I had called and done something about our situation.