Difference Between Chinese Medical Care with American

I joined a table talk End of Life Health Care Ethics in Rose Dining Hall. I am so happy it’s my first time join Scholars Program’s event, and surprisingly I learned how’s the difference between Chinese Medicine care as American’s. As International student from China, I thought Medical care shouldn’t be so expensive. For example, in China every ordinary people can afford medical care fee even without insurance: an emergency appointment only costs 3 dollars and prescription for cold is only 6 dollars. Compared with average salary 2000 dollars per month in my city, medical fee is so low. However, in America, things changed. My prescription for cold cost me 30 dollars which is after my insurance 80% covering. Also, every time I made appointment with doctor, I should pay 10 dollars co-pay. After I knew the difference, I gradually know why doctor in America so care about his patients. One of the reason is, they paid more and doctor has more time to deal with individual, and respect to every individual is exactly the return to patients.

This table talk is impressive, and I will join more talking like this.