*KNOCK* Facilities!

I was excited for this week’s Rose Cafe because the custodial staff plays a special part in my experience here at Cornell; they are usually the first to greet me in the morning and they always make sure that the little things at home are taken care of so I can focus on every new day ahead of me. I’m so thankful for everything they do for all 2,000 of us on West Campus. We got to hear from Anthony McCabe, one of the managers from the Cornell Facilities Management Department, as he gave us insight into the behind-the-scenes challenges of providing custodial services to all of West Campus. I was touched when he explained that although the job of his staff is to clean, their real mission is to make every student feel safe and at home while away at school. I have gained even more respect for the custodial staff because I learned from Anthony how much they always make sure to watch out for us, but are never too intrusive at the same time.

One thought on “*KNOCK* Facilities!

1. I also enjoyed this event! I think it was important for us to hear from a member of the Custodial Staff.