Cornell University Precollege Studies Program

Two Cornell students standing outside of residence on Cornell campus

I obviously heard about the stereotypes of being a Cornellian from Andy Bernard from the Office, but my curiosity expanded outside the Acapellas and the amazing pride Cornell alums have for the place.

I was curious about what does Cornell has to offer for me as a student in terms of being in a classroom, but also outside the classroom. With that being said, when I heard about the Cornell University Precollege Studies Program, I applied right away. My experience at CUPSP was the main reason why I applied to Cornell. I remember the beautiful Ithaca summer and the fun farmers market, but I especially remember my Introduction to Cognitive Science class, which had very profound effects on me and impacted my opinions on the “Cornell” experience. I remember my everyday walk from Balch to Uris Hall and walking past the brains to learn everything from how do you teach a computer syntax to how does our mind process directions. I think what impacted me the most was my professor and the students. Being in a classroom with current Cornell students and curious bright-eyed high school students elevated my curiosity; craving more knowledge about the topic.

My experience at CUPSP affirmed my desire that Cornell was the right place for me!

written by Alex Castroverde, ’23

Do you know students who might benefit from college-level study at Cornell this summer? If so, please invite them to apply to the Cornell University Precollege Studies Program, which offers courses online and on campus.