Examining Biological Contagion with COVID-19

One class topic I found particularly interesting this year was the idea of epidemic/disease contagion, the rate of transmission across a certain in-contact network, and how it is measured/estimated that a disease will die out after a finite number of steps or spread indefinitely. I wanted to see if this same theory could be applied […]

Game Theory in Online Marketplaces: Navigating the Complex Dynamics of eBay and Amazon

The application of game theory in online marketplaces like eBay and Amazon has revolutionized how sellers and buyers interact, particularly in terms of pricing and reputation management.  On Amazon, the intricate dance of pricing is where game theory really comes into play. Tools like Seller Snap utilize game theory to optimize repricing strategies, a crucial […]

Sustainable Practices as Evolutionarily Stable Strategies

One topic I found particularly interesting from Networks 2040 is the concept of evolutionarily stable strategies, or ESS. By definition, if adopted by a population, an ESS resists being overtaken by an alternative strategy due to providing the best benefit when used against itself, making it stable and self-reinforcing. While studying this concept, I felt […]

Using game theory to help a squash player improve their game

Squash is a high-speed, intense racket sport played by two players in a four-walled court. The game involves players taking turns to hit a small, hollow rubber ball onto the front wall, while one can use the other three walls as well. The primary objective is to play the ball in a manner that […]

December 2023
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031