Center For The Study Of Presidency And Congress Fellowship

I was recently elected as a Presidential Fellow to represent Cornell Universisty at the Center for the Study of the Presidency and Congress (CSPC) with other 74 scholars from all around the world. The CSPC is a nonpartisan, nonprofit policy and education organization that applies strategic thinking and the leadership lessons of history to critical national challenges and opportunities. http://www.thepresidency.org/about-us/board-of-trustees

Founded in 1965, the Center is the only organization that systematically examines past successes and failures of the Presidency and relates its findings to present challenges and opportunities. Today, both the Executive and Legislative Branches are highly compartmentalized, which accordint to the Center, is the enemy of strategic thinking, action, and the best use of resources. In addition, the center claims that the nation is polarized, even though public opinion polls show a desire to break down barriers and face our nation’s real public policy issues. Lessons learned from past American experiences offer insights on how to deal with these challenges.

Looking forward to this amazing opportunity!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Alvaro Salas Castro. Bookmark the permalink.

About Alvaro Salas Castro

My name is Alvaro Salas. I am 29 years old. I am a father, a husband and a passionate professional who thinks my region and country needs leaders armed with the best tools to address specific problems that threaten our local democracies. My career goals are based on mobilizing social change by developing and implementing public policies to address problems strategically.

One thought on “Center For The Study Of Presidency And Congress Fellowship