Congratulations to the Class of 2016 Degree Candidates!
If you anticipate graduating in 2016 (Jan/May/August), with a B.S., M.E. degree or as an Independent Major with MechE as your primary or secondary Major, please join your classmates for the traditional senior class photo. Your photo will replace the current Class of 2015 posted on this blog What not to wear: pajamas. What to wear: business casual. Meet on Duffield Steps by 4:10. We will postpone this event to the following Thursday in the event of inclement weather. A cancellation notice will be posted.
Audits for reviewing graduation requirements will continue throughout this semester. You will be receiving updated scheduling openings, via e-mail, for meetings by the end of each week.
1. If you plan to graduate after the Fall term, your degree date will be January 2016.
2. All B.S., ME seniors intending to graduate in 2016 will be e-mailed a sign-up schedule for a graduation audit to make sure each senior is meeting their graduation requirements. Students who are graduating after Fall 2015 and those who would like to verify they are on track for MAE Early M.Eng. for Spring http://www.mae.cornell.edu/academics/graduate/meng/ will get initial priority. All B.S., M.E. 2016 degree candidates are required to meet for this review process in the Fall term.
3. All B.S., M.E. candidates graduating in 2016, including Independent Majors, who are in M.E. as a primary or secondary major, are invited to the annual (since 2001) senior class photo, on Thursday, September 10, at 4:05 on the outside steps of Duffield facing Carpenter Hall. Dress attire: business casual. Professor Callister will be dismissing students in MAE 4300 at 4:00. In the event of rain, snow (this is Ithaca!) this will be postponed to the following Thursday, Sept. 17.
4. Additional graduation-paperwork will be e-mailed, so please read your e-mails from Nanette.
5. The MAE Graduation Ceremony information for May 29, 2016, will be posted soon on the MAE website. Please note, there will be three tickets for guests awarded to each graduating student.