Objectives of PWT:
- To improve the knowledge of CCE Educators in the lower Hudson River Valley regarding biodiversity, and the important role biodiversity plays in the quality of life in their communities.
- To increase the involvement of CCE County Associations in developing, implementing, and evaluating biodiversity-related programs in the region.
- To facilitate development of new partnerships among CCE educators and other organizations working on biodiversity issues in the region.
- To initiate interest in conducting biodiversity programming within CCE in additional regions of New York State.
Strategy for achieving objectives:
- Join Hudson River Terrestrial Habitat and Biodiversity Steering Committee so that we can assist the CCE Associations in identifying potential roles that they can play to help the HRTHB program achieve their outreach goals as identified in their Conservation Framework.
- Through PWT involvement in the HRTHB Steering Committee, foster new partnerships among CCE Associations and other organizations involved with biodiversity issues in the region.
- Improve the biodiversity knowledge base of CCE educators and their stakeholders via workshops and web site development.
- Provide scholarships to encourage CCE collaboration with stakeholders in developing biodiversity-related programs and activities.
- Disseminate information on biodiversity-related funding opportunities and resources to CCE county associations.