Join the USDA-NRCS annual cover crop and soil health workshop and tour on Monday, October 30, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Big Flats Community Building
Town of Big Flats Municipal Campus
476 Maple Street
Big Flats, NY 14814
9:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. at Big Flats Community Building- 476 Maple Street Big Flats, NY 14814
1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. USDA NRCS Big Flats Plant Materials Center- 3266 NY 352, Big Flats NY 14814
Download detailed schedule:Schedule PDF
- Quirine Ketterings– Cornell University Dept. of Animal Science, Professor, Nutrient Management Spear Program; “Making Use of Corn Yield Data to Develop Management Zones that Reflect Soil Biological Buffering Capacity; Research Update “.
- Dave DeGolyer– Western New York Crop Management Association, Executive Consultant; “Soil Fertility Management in Cover Crop and Strip Tillage Systems: Nutrient Availability of Cover Crops and Fertilizer Management for High Crop and Cover Crop Residues“
- John Tooker– Penn. State University Dept. of Entomology, Associate Professor of Entomology; “Insect and Slug Management in Reduced Tillage and Cover Crop Production Systems: Plant-Insect Interactions in Agriculture Systems”.
- Shawnna Clark– Big Flats Plant Materials Center Manager and Paul Salon – USDA-NRCS- and NE Region Soil Health Specialist. Tour of cover crop demo plots at USDA NRCS Big Flats Plant Materials Center: Includes a planting demo (species, varieties & mixes); some seeded at several seeding dates.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info in your reply:
- NAME ATTENDEE(s), if responding for more than yourself;
- PURCHASING LUNCH? Yes or No
- EMAIL of EACH ATTENDEE(s), if applicable.
- Please bring $10.00 to cover the cost of your lunch, exact change is appreciated.
- Certified Crop Advisor and NY DEC pesticide credits applied for.
- Please let us know of any dietary restrictions and/or special accommodations for the afternoon portion which is a walking field tour.
- Rain or Shine.
You can also visit the USDA NRCS Plant Materials Program Website’s event page.