Dear SIPS Community,
A great deal has happened in the past month. I have been impressed by the commitment of everyone in SIPS to stay home and save lives. I fully realize that this is having a huge impact on our research, teaching and extension, please know that I continue to work with CALS and CU administration to find ways to mitigate some of the impact now and once we are through the pandemic. I am placing a single link here for remote teaching resources, and the CU COVID-19 resources page that will take you to all of the COVID-19 resources. If you have specific questions and concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me or your section chair.
We miss you and are looking forward to seeing you virtually in class next week. If you have any issues with virtual connections, please contact your course instructor or advisor ASAP. It’s not a bad idea to just check in with your course instructor to let them know you are ready for virtual learning.
- A huge thank you to all of the labs in SIPS that donated PPE to local hospitals. Anything we can do to help those on the frontlines of the pandemic is appreciated.
- I am happy to report that Hortus Forum was able to attend and excel at the Philly Flower Show before students left campus. Hortus Forum takes the prize(s) at the 2020 Philadelphia Flower Show
- More good news! Four SIPS students awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowships
2019 – 2020 Faculty Search updates:
- Plant synthetic biology: Candidate interviews are complete
- Genomics-empowered biology of plant pathogenic fungi: Candidate interviews are complete
- Physiology of fruit crop adaptation to climate change: Final candidates selected, waiting to start interviews
- Breeding for Sustainable Forage Cropping Systems: Zoom interviews are complete
Congratulations to the following people who were recognized with a SIPS Kudos in the last month! Thanks for your effort and passion in support of SIPS.
- Creativity and Ideas: Michele Blackmore
- Going Above and Beyond: Craig Cramer, Paul Cooper, Danielle Bushnell, John Hill, Josh Balles, Ed Cobb, Mary McKellar, Peter Hyde
- Inspirational Leadership: Tami Payne, Joe Remillard
PLEASE remember to recognize people in our SIPS community that have gone out of their way to enhance our School. All you have to do is complete the brief form here