Dear SIPS Community,
Recent Promotions. Please join me in congratulating the following SIPS community members.
- Enid Martinez (SCS) was recently promoted to Full Professor!
- Srdjan Acimovic (PPPMB) has been promoted to Senior Extension Associate!
Program Review. SIPS will have an external academic program review April 7-10, 2019. Learn more about the review team and read the self-study as well as the ‘charge to the review team’ from the Dean at the following link.
Active Learning Update. We are still advertising for two Teaching Postdoctoral Associates. Please spread the word! We will begin reviewing applications on April 15. The job description can be found here https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/13303
Faculty search updates:
- Assistant Professor: Grape Disease Ecology & Epidemiology. An offer has been made to our top candidate and negotiations are in progress.
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Specialty Crop Systems. The final candidate interview is this week!
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Digital Agriculture: Agronomy. Zoom interviews are complete and on-campus interviews should happen in April and May
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Breeding for Sustainable Forage Cropping Systems. Zoom interviews are complete and on-campus interviews should happen in April and May
Kudos. Congratulations to the following people who were recognized with a SIPS Kudos in the last month! Thanks for your effort and passion in support of SIPS.
- Amy Andersen (building mastery and skill)
- Lori Brewer (inspirational leadership)
- Ed Cobb (going above and beyond)
- Brianne Conlon (going above and beyond)
- Bill Crepet (going above and beyond)
- CALS move team (strong team spirit)
- Linda D’Amato (going above and beyond)
- Marcia Eames-Sheavly (inspirational leadership)
- Brian Flannigan (going above and beyond)
- Karin Jantz (strong team spirit)
- Holly King (going above and beyond)
- Leslie Larsen (going above and beyond)
- Andrea Lugo-Torres (building mastery and skill)
- Keith Payne (strong team spirit)
- Michelle Podolec (going above and beyond)
- Tara Reed (going above and beyond X2)
- Marius Weigert (going above and beyond)
PLEASE remember to recognize people in our SIPS community that have gone out of their way to enhance our School. All you have to do is complete the brief form here:
All the best,