Dear SIPS Community:
We have lots of exciting things happening this month!
Diversity Preview Weekend – Join us! (this hyperlinks to a longer article with the full schedule)
- Friday, March 8th:
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm: Lunch with Faculty and Graduate Students (G22 Plant Science)
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm: Meetings with Faculty (three 30 minute meetings per visiting student)
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm: Dinner with Faculty and Graduate Students (401 Warren)
- Saturday, March 9th
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm: Lunch with Faculty and Graduate Students (135 Emerson)
SIPS external academic program review: Scheduled for April 7-10, 2019. Learn more about the review team and see the schedule here https://blogs.cornell.edu/sips/2019/02/01/sips-program-review-scheduled-for-april-8-10/
Active Learning Update. We are currently advertising for two Teaching Postdoctoral Associates. Please spread the word! The job description can be found here https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/13303
Faculty search updates: Please forward position links to potential applicants!
- Assistant Professor: Grape Disease Ecology & Epidemiology. An offer has been made to our top candidate and negotiations are in progress.
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Specialty Crop Systems. We will be interviewing four candidates, and interviews begin later this week!
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Digital Agriculture: Agronomy. Zoom interviews will begin this week.
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Breeding for Sustainable Forage Cropping Systems. Position description can be found at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/12632 The search committee is currently reviewing applications.
Congratulations to the following people who were recognized with a SIPS Kudos in the last month! Thanks for your effort and passion in support of SIPS.
- Steve Reiners (inspirational leadership)
- Marius Weigert (going above and beyond)
- Michele Blackmore (going above and beyond)
- Kathy Howard (going above and beyond)
- Zachary Batterman (going above and beyond)
- Kate Harline (strong team spirit)
- Elena Michel (going above and beyond)
- Dan Evanich (going above and beyond)
- Mandy Kafka (going above and beyond AND building mastery and skill) a total of 3 kudos this month for Mandy!
- Steve Hatfield (strong team spirit)
- Craig Cramer (going above and beyond
- Tara Reed (going above and beyond x2!)
PLEASE remember to recognize people in our SIPS community that have gone out of their way to enhance our School. All you have to do is complete the brief form here:
All the best,