Discovery that Connects

From fundamental insights to better plants, sustainably grown, serving the world

SIPS Faculty Teaching Group updates

May:

The Teaching Faculty Group is an informal group that will get together on the first Tuesday of each month to talk about ideas and issues with teaching resources, tech, projects, brainstorming about new courses, help with ideas on content, or just to connect and see what others are doing in their classrooms. Again, this is very informal; everyone is welcome, and If you would like to present at a meeting, please let me know and I’ll get you on the schedule. The next meeting will be 3:00pm – 4:00pm, Tuesday, May 7, 2019 in Plant Science 114. We have an open session this week, so come and help your colleagues, or bring something to the table to talk about. I know I’ll be asking about resources for teaching large classes!

Any questions, or if you’d like a slot on the schedule, give me a holler – Carlyn Buckler (csb36).

March:

The Faculty Teaching Group is an informal group that will get together every 4 to 6 weeks to talk about ideas and issues with teaching resources, tech, projects, brainstorming about new courses, help with ideas on content, or just to connect and see what others are doing in their classrooms. Again, this is very informal; everyone is welcome, and If you would like to present at a future meeting, please let me know and I’ll get you on the schedule. I’ll change up the time/day we meet in an effort to accommodate schedules. The next meeting will be Tuesday, 19 March, from 3:00PM to approx. 4:00PM Plant Science G22.  Margaret Frank, Plant Bio, will be presenting. Any questions, or if you’d like a slot on the schedule, give me a holler – Carlyn Buckler (csb36).

February:

The SIPS Teaching Faculty Group is open to everyone in SIPS interested in teaching. We will get together every 4 to 6 weeks to talk about ideas and issues around teaching resources, tech, projects, brainstorming about new courses, help with ideas on content, and to connect and see what others are doing in their classrooms. Again, this is very informal; everyone is welcome, and if you would like to present at a future meeting, please contact Carlyn Buckler to be added to the schedule. The time/day of meeting can be adjusted to accommodate schedules. The first meeting will be Friday, 15 Feb, from 3:00PM to approx. 4:00PM in PLS G22 No speaker, but there are several new faculty that might benefit from hearing others talk about what they are doing, new courses, etc.  Margaret Frank, Plant Bio, will be talking at the March meeting. Any questions, or if you’d like a slot on the schedule, contact Carlyn Buckler (csb36).

Subscribe By Email

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.