Dear SIPS Community,
The SIPS Diversity Working Group held its first meeting on October 16th, as a follow up to the diversity audit conducted last spring. The meeting was well attended and there was excellent discussion about priorities and strategies we might try for improving the culture of diversity and inclusion in SIPS. Thanks to Jeff Doyle and Cindy Twardokus for their organizational efforts. Please contact Cindy Twardokus firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be included in emails. Our next meeting is Friday Nov 2 at 2:00 – 3:00 pm, 143 Plant Science. https://cornell.zoom.us/s/267000498
Faculty search updates:
- Assistant Professor: Grape Disease Ecology & Epidemiology. Review of applications has begun and the committee is enthusiastic about the candidate pool.
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Breeding for Sustainable Forage Cropping Systems. The position description and search plan are under review and the position announcement will be available soon.
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Digital Agriculture: Agronomy. The position description and search plan are under review and the position announcement will be available soon.
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Specialty Crop Systems. The position description and search plan are under review and the position announcement will be available soon.
- It’s final! Clare Casteel will join SIPS (PPPMB) as Associate Professor of Plant-Microbe Biology in July 2019.
Congratulations to the following people who were recognized with a SIPS Kudos in the last month! Thanks for your effort and passion in support of SIPS
- Andrea Gilbert (going above and beyond)
- Tami Payne (nominated 3X for October in the categories of inspirational leadership and going above and beyond)
- Lin Marco (building mastery and skill)
- Travis Johns (going above and beyond)
SAVE THE DATE – SIPS-wide meetings with the Director
- SIPS-wide staff meeting December 6, 2018, 3-4 PM 404 PS
- SIPS-wide faculty meeting December 6, 2018 11:30 – 1:00 PM, 404 PS
- SIPS-wide graduate student meeting December 11, 2018 3:00 – 4:00 PM G22 PS
- SIPS-wide postdoc meeting December 13, 2018, 1:15-2:15 PM G22 PS
- Geneva campus SIPS meeting with students and postdocs, December 14, 2018, A134 Barton lab
- Geneva campus SIPS meeting with faculty, December 14, 2018, A134 Barton Lab
- Geneva campus SIPS meeting with staff, December 17, 2018, 10-11 AM, A134 Barton Lab
All the best,