Come find camaraderie and career advice at the SIPS Postdoctoral Association. The SIPS-PA meets on the third Friday of every month for a lunch-time speaker series. Topics range from exciting new SIPS research to insights into career opportunities inside and outside of academia. Join the first lunch on September 21st at 1:15 pm in Plant Science G22 to hear Dr. Natalie Mueller and Dr. Trevor Yeats share stories about experiences interviewing for faculty position (RSVP). See other scheduled events at the seminar calendar.
Join the SIPS-PA list-serve:
- E-mail <PLANT-POSTDOCS-Lemail@example.com> with the subject “join”
- Alternatively contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are new to Cornell or the SIPS-PA
Welcome to Cornell and the SIP-PA! We are here to create opportunities for you to regularly meet with fellow postdocs to share work experiences, learn about research in SIPS and socialize. Our main event is a lunch-time speaker series occurring on the third Friday of every month. The series is meant for you to i) learn from first-hand experiences about careers inside and outside of academia, ii) familiarize yourself with the process of job hunting and interviewing, and iii) to practice giving a professional research talk to a receptive and supportive audience. You can read more about our mission on the website.
Fall Semester Seminar Series
Mark your calendars for our first lunch-time session on 21st of September (1:15 pm in Plant Science G22) where Natalie Mueller and Trevor Yeats will share their experiences on the job market and interviewing for faculty position (RSVP). If you would like to participate, this event will be an informal round-table talk. We are in the process of programming events, so if you have ideas for speakers or would like to give a talk about your research, please contact email@example.com. View the seminar calendar.
Postdoc Social Events
- Friday, September 14th 90s Dance Party at Casita de Polaris ($5 entry, FUN)
- Monday, September 17th Pizza Party at the Big Red Barn (free food and $1 beers)
- Thursday, October 3rd SIPS Graduate Student – Postdoc BBQ
- Free Lunch and Relevant Programming on the Third Friday of Every Month
- Use This List-serv to Promote Events and Share Information.
- Participate by Giving a Research Talk (add it to your CV!). Contact me or add your name to the seminar schedule.
On behalf of the SIP-PA,
Roli Wilhelm and Natalie Mueller (co-chairs)