Over 325 SIPS faculty, students, staff, and friends enjoyed games, conversation, good food, and beautiful summer weather at the 2018 SIPS summer picnic, held June 20 at Cornell’s CRC Park.
Many thanks to the SIPS Social Committee for all their hard work setting up games and tables – in particular, Tara Reed, who worked tirelessly to coordinate the venue, food and music, and bingo prizes, and who with Michele Blackmore, contacted many local businesses for raffle prize donations. Thanks also to Cindy Twardokus, who created the picnic flyer and provided other behind the scenes assistance. Catering was provided by The Heights Café (owner: James Larounis) and music from Sound on Sound Productions.
Door prizes were donated from the following vendors:
- Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons – 1 night stay
- The Heights – (4) $50 gift cards
- Manndible Café – (5) $10 gift
- Buffalo Wild Wings – 2 sets of sauces, 2 beer cozies, 2 t-shirts, coupons
- Hangar Theatre – (4) VIP ticket vouchers
- Island Health and Fitness – 1 month free membership
- LPS Inc. – 12 beer glasses
- Paul Cooper – 2 plants from the greenhouse (but not from the conservatory collection!)