Dear SIPS community,
We have many important opportunities for meetings this month!
May 1, 10:00 am – Town Hall meeting about the Plant Science Building renovation with Payette (the planning and design team we are working with). Come learn more about the renovation and provide input to the process!
Our SIPS-wide spring meetings have been scheduled. Please save the date/time
- Friday, May 11, 10-11am – Graduate students, G22 Plant Science Building
- Monday, May 14, 2-3:30pm – Faculty, 404 Plant Science Building
- Friday, May 18, 10-11am – Staff, 404 Plant Science Building
- Friday, May 18, 1:15-2:15pm – Postdocs G22 Plant Science Building
I am also scheduling meeting times with faculty, postdocs, students and staff on the Geneva campus. Kate and Lou Ann will provide this info you Geneva folks shortly.
All meetings will be available via Zoom, so you can attend any meeting from anywhere in the world.
Faculty search updates:
- Assistant/Associate Professor of International Cropping Systems. Interviews have begun and will continue through next week.
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Plant-Microbe Biology. Interviews are complete, and an offer has recently been made to the top candidate.
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Grape Disease Ecology & Epidemiology (Geneva Campus). We will re-open the search for this position in the near future.
We have arranged to have the Cornell Police give an “Active Shooter” training to our community. There is one more opportunity for this training at Guterman Greenhouse May 11, 8:30 AM Room 110
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns, or good news,