The CALS Plant Transformation Facility will be leading a CRISPR/Cas9 workshop on May 5 1:00 – 5:00 pm in 224 Weill Hall.
Topics will include:
- Background on CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing
- Gene editing tools
- Applications of gene editing
- Transgenic and non-transgenic methods for gene editing in plants
- In workshop design of guide RNAs, donor templates, and constructs for knockouts, allelic replacement, and multiplexing in both species with sequenced genomes and those without
- Ways to test guide RNA effectiveness
- Screening methods for validating edits
Participants should bring:
- Sequence information for a target gene of interest for use during the design and validation elements
- Your own computer
Contact Matthew Willmann at email@example.com. Attendance is limited to the first 30 registrants. $100/attendee.