As described in the recent communication from Interim Director, Chris Smart, there are several important developments in SIPS concerning faculty hires and searches.
New faculty hires:
- Ying Sun will join the Soil and Crop Science section in February 2017. Her focus is on geospatial land processes, using remote sensing and advanced computational capabilities to create a more complete understanding of biophysical processes that affect soil and plant dynamics and interactions relevant to agriculture and other managed ecosystems. She will be located in the 10th floor of Bradfield Hall.
- Awais Khan will be joining Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology as early as mid-October 2016, studying disease resistance in rosaceous crops. He will be located in Barton Lab on the Geneva campus.
Five searches (4 faculty and 1 director) starting this fall:
- Director of the School of Integrative Plant Science.
Please send names of potential candidates to Greg Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to email@example.com.
The committee will begin reviewing applications September 15!
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Quantitative Genetics (Plant Breeding and Genetics Section)
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Plant Metabolic Biochemistry (Plant Biology Section)
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Plant Biodiversity/Phylodiversity
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Specialty Crop Systems (Horticulture Section)
The search committee has been formed and the position will be advertised within the next month.
The link to this description will be available soon on the SIPS home page.
Please share links to our new positions with anyone you think may be interested!