Current Graduate Students (showing papers published while at Cornell):
Lukas Wenzl, 2019-
- Cosmology with the Wide-Field Infrared Survey Telescope — Multi-Probe Strategies (Eifler et al), 2020.
- Cosmology with the Wide-Field Infrared Survey Telescope — Synergies with the Rubin Observatory Legacy Survey of Space and Time (Eifler et al), 2020.
Christopher Wilson, 2019-
Past Cornell undergraduate students:
Trey Driskell, Fall 2018 (=> University Southern California grad school)
Samuel Evans, Fall 2018-Spring 2019 (=> Boston University grad school)
Keri Heuer, Spring 2017 (=> Drexel grad school)
Avirukt Mittal, Spring 2017 (=>Perimeter Institute & UC Berkeley grad school)
Byeonghee Yu, Fall 2015/Spring 2016 (=> UC Berkeley grad school)
Brenna Mockler, Spring 2015 (=> UC Santa Cruz grad school)
Kira Hicks: Fall 2013-Spring 2014 (=>University of Washington grad school)
Mykyta Hulko, 2012-2013 (=> University of Toronto grad school)
Jae Hwan Kang, 2011-2012 (=> Stanford grad school)
Derek Schaeffer, 2006-2007 ( => UCLA grad school)
Matipon Tangmatitham, 2005-2007 ( => Cornell grad school)
Past Undergraduate REU Summer Students:
Jonathan Davis, Summer REU 2018 (Utah Valley University => Cornell grad school)
Victoria Calafut: Summer REU 2013 and Fall 2013 (The College of New Jersey => Cornell grad school)
Gavin Hartnett 2008 (Syracuse => UC Santa Barbara grad school)
Nicholas Hollon 2007 (Villanova => Chicago grad school)
Past Graduate Students (showing papers written while at Cornell):
Victoria Calafut, PhD 2020. Moving to postdoc at Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA), Toronto, in fall ’20.
- The Atacama Cosmology Telescope: Component-separated maps of CMB temperature and the thermal Sunyaev-Zel’dovich effect (Madhavacheril et al), 2020.
- CMB-S4 Science Case, Reference Design, and Project Plan (Abazajian et al), 2019.
- The Simons Observatory: Science goals and forecasts (Simons Observatory Collaboration), 2018.
- Cluster mislocation in kinematic Sunyaev-Zel’dovich (kSZ) effect extraction (Calafut & Bean), 2018.
Georgios Valogiannis , PhD 2020. Moving to postdoc at Harvard University in fall ’20.
- An accurate perturbative approach to redshift space clustering of biased tracers in modified gravity (Valogiannis, Bean & Aviles), 2020
- Convolution Lagrangian Perturbation Theory for biased tracers beyond general relativity (Valogiannis & Bean), 2019.
- Beyond delta: Tailoring marked statistics to reveal modified gravity (Valogiannis & Bean), 2017
- Efficient simulations of large scale structure in modified gravity cosmologies with comoving Lagrangian acceleration (Valogiannis & Bean), 2017
Joyce Byun, PhD 2015. Postdoctoral researcher at the University of Geneva.
- Looking for non-Gaussianity in all the right places: A new basis for non-separable bispectra
- Non-Gaussian Shape Discrimination with Spectroscopic Galaxy Surveys
- Non-Gaussian Shape Recognition
Eva-Marie Mueller, PhD 2015. Postdoctoral researcher at the Oxford University.
- Constraints on massive neutrinos from the pairwise kinematic Sunyaev-Zel’dovich effect
- Constraints on gravity and dark energy from the pairwise kinematic Sunyaev-Zeldovich effect
- Cosmological Implications of the Effective Field Theory of Cosmic Acceleration
Istvan Laszlo, PhD 2012. Lecturer at Monash University.
- Optimising cosmic shear surveys to measure modifications to gravity on cosmic scales
- Disentangling dark energy and cosmic tests of gravity from weak lensing systematics
- Cosmological constraints on dark matter self-interactions
- Nonlinear growth in modified gravity theories of dark energy
Nishant Agarwal, PhD 2011. Assistant professor at U. Mass. Lowell
- Universality in D-brane Inflation (Agarwal, Bean, McAllister & Xu), 2011.
- Cascading Cosmology (Agarwal, Bean, Khoury & Trodden), 2010.
- Reconstruction of a general inflationary action (Agarwal & Bean), 2009.
- Dynamical stability conditions in scalar tensor theories of gravity (Agarwal & Bean), 2008.
Matipon Tangmatitham, M.S. 2011. Went onto graduate study at Michigan Tech.