Exceptional people are everywhere — innovators and natural leaders whose work really does change the world. With IPM, it’s about intelligent pest management — about supporting and protecting New York’s agricultural and urban communities as they cope with pests and pesticides both. Each year we award people or organizations who:
- develop new tools and tactics to speed the adoption of IPM
- encourage demonstrations of IPM methods on their farms
- promote IPM in their businesses, schools, and communities
- bolster the adoption of IPM practices through their organizations or educational programs
We Give Awards: IPMers Who Make a Difference
The NYS IPM Program (nysipm.cornell.edu) seeks nominations of people working in agricultural IPM (fruit, vegetables, ornamentals, and livestock and field crops) and in community IPM (schools, homes, landscapes, turf, and municipalities). New Yorkers involved in communicating about IPM through the media are also eligible.
Candidates for an Excellence in IPM Award are individuals or organizations whose IPM work in New York State deserves special recognition. Excellence in IPM Awards recognize effort in:
- developing new IPM tools;
- implementing or evaluating IPM methods in their operations, businesses, or organizations;
- encouraging demonstrations and adoption of IPM;
- promoting IPM and bolstering the adoption of IPM practices; or
- educating others about IPM.
IPM award winners work with the NYS IPM Program, commodity groups, Cornell Cooperative Extension, private organizations, schools, the NYS pest control industry, and in other settings to help develop and promote the use of IPM.
For more information visit our website or use this link for nominations.