Anna Wallis Joins Eastern NY Commercial Horticulture Program

by Anna Wallis

Anna WallisHello! As the most recent addition to the Eastern New York Commercial Horticulture Program, I am thrilled to become a part of this team and of Cornell Cooperative Extension.

As regional fruit specialist I will be serving primarily the apple and grape growers of the northeast region of the state. I will be working out of the Clinton County CCE office in Plattsburgh, conveniently located near many of the farms I will frequent and the cold-hardy grape planting at the Willsboro farm.

I recently received my Master’s degree from the University of Maryland where I was involved in a number of horticultural projects and taught various plant science classes with my advisor Chris Walsh, Professor of Horticulture and a graduate of Cornell. I am excited to use my eclectic background to sustain and improve the apple and grape production in the area through the development of local programs and a strong collaboration with Cornell scientists.

In my first week, I have already been welcomed by many of you in the Plattsburgh area and in Ithaca. I am absolutely thrilled to be in the beautiful North Country, and part of such a wonderful community of farmers and educators. I look forward to meeting many more of you at upcoming programs and events. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at 443-421-7970 or aew232@cornell.edu