Cornell University

Nilgiris Field Learning Center

A Project of the Keystone Foundation & Cornell University

NFLC Student’s Blog #6: Reflecting on the ‘Crossing Boundary Exercises’

By Visithra
(Summarised from the audio by Sharada Ramadass)

The Crossing Boundary Exercises for the week (also known as CBE, in short) has been a focal theme for the NFLC, helping the students explore and cross over many kinds of boundaries – be it culture, language, or domain of focus. This week’s (week4) CBE was the main attraction for Visithra, putting the theme of the week – Livelihoods and Enterprise into perspective. And here’s what she says:

“This week I liked the CBE class the most. I got to understand how to do marketing from Miller sir. I was able to correlate this with what others had been discussing during the week. Jyothsna spoke about livelihoods while Mathew spoke about organic food and I was able to see how it all fit into marketing in this CBE. Both these aspects were very useful to me. I definitely think we should eat organic food and I will definitely set up a small nursery or kitchen garden in my house. I think this will help me eat organic food. And going beyond myself, I would like to show and tell others also about how to keep an organic garden or nursery and get access to organic food.”

Search the NFLC site!

Subscribe By Email

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.