Kindle Fire vs. iPad

This article is about how the Kindle Fire is lagging behind the iPad in sales. Several different companies have attempted to come up with products to rival those made by Apple; yet, most products seem to constantly fall short when it comes to sales. Why is this so? It’s certainly not because their features aren’t as developed. Every company has almost the same resources and technologies available to them, but the reason Apple is so successful is because it is a brand name. Apple is like the Gucci or Prada of the technology world. Saying you have a Kindle Fire is like telling somebody you shop at Costco instead of at Burberry. This idea that Apple is an elite brand gives its users a positive payoff, and thus causes a cascade, compelling more and more people to buy Apple products.

I can personally attest to this. The last time I got to choose a new phone, I was torn between the iPhone and the Droid. I actually liked the Droid interface much more than the iPhone’s, and liked several features of other phones that iPhones did not include. However when the time came to make a decision, I ended up picking the iPhone simply because it was a brand name. I will be the first to admit that pulling out my iPhone gives me just the smallest sense of social approval. This will then cause a cascade – after I got an iPhone, my brothers got iPhones as well.

http://www.ohio.com/business/new-kindle-fire-delivers-but-still-disappoints-1.246605

7 Responses to “ Kindle Fire vs. iPad ”