human behavior associated with resource management
The study employs mixed methods:
- A review of research literature about ESH and private woodland owners.
- A document review of wildlife conservation plans for ESH and wildlife species.
- Interviews with forest and wildlife professionals with experience in ESH research, management, and outreach.
- Interviews with private landowners with experience in ESH management.
- Focus groups with private landowners.
- Survey of private landowners in the Southern Tier of New York State.
- Design of outreach programs and evaluation