human behavior associated with resource management
The overall study objectives include:
- Explore the state of knowledge and outreach related to early successional forest habitat (ESH) among professionals working with private woodland owners
- Determine private woodland owner attitudes, knowledge, motivating factors, and constraints for types of management practices on their lands.
- Understand the context for private landowner management decisions.
- Develop a typology of private woodland owners to better understand the target audience and inform outreach efforts
- Explore effectiveness of outreach efforts in supporting landowners and increasing ESH.