Automated Vendor Form Overview: Automated Vendor Form Overview
New Vendor Type: Refunds & Reimbursements (R&R) Only Effective Friday March 14, 2104, a new Vendor Type will be available to allow different procedures for vendors that only receive refunds or reimbursements from Cornell (see caution below for family travel, honoraria, and moving payments).
- Payments to R&R vendors may be made on Disbursement Vouchers but will be restricted to the following payment reasons:
- B-Reimbursement of Out of Pocket Costs
- F-Refunds/Repayments to Indiv or Ext Org
- J- Employee Travel Reimbursements (generally a recently terminated employee)
- N-Non-Employee Travel Reimbursements
- Travel advances were deliberately excluded from the eligible list. We need tax ID’s because of reporting requirements if advances are not properly accounted for.
- Since there are no Tax Reporting Requirements for Refunds & Reimbursements:
- No W-9’s or Tax ID’s are needed for this vendor type. (see Matrix on the page- “W-9 Requirements for Payees” on Procurement Services website)
- Foreign Vendors who only receive Refunds & Reimbursements should not be coded as Foreign
- Coding as foreign adds administrative burden by requiring tax to review for payments that never require reporting and slows down the payment approval process
- Instead, a note must be added indicating knowledge this vendor is foreign, so that Vendor Review can do OFAC (Office for Foreign Assets Control) review.
- Implementation of this new vendor type will replace the MOU/special procedures issued by Anne Shapiro regarding one time travel reimbursements.
- If at a future date a Refund & Reimbursement vendor needs to paid for other payment reasons, the Vendor type should be edited, and all data requirements completed for the new vendor type (tax id’s, foreign designation, W-9’s, etc.)