The Counter

Every night on Countdown w/ Keith Olbermann, Olbermann finishes his episodes with a sign off similar to the one Edward R. Murrow made during the McCarthy scare and the Cold War. Olbermann says, “It’s been [number of days here] since the President’s declaration of Mission Accomplished. Good night and good luck.”

I was fortunate enough to go to the hockey game on Saturday since a friend of mine gave me his ticket. After witnessing two people in front of me (mind you I’m in row 6 so there aren’t that many people in front of me) get kicked out and therefore have their season tickets revoked for saying the a-word, the Detroit Lions of curse words, I decided I would make a little sign off slogan of my own. It would resemble something like “After 8 Cornell hockey games, two people from my section have been kicked out and season tickets taken away. Good night and good luck.” Then I realized that I was one of them (I got kicked out in the first game) so the number would be at least 3. Then I would also have to count those who were kicked out at the games that I couldn’t go to, which has been about 5 or six because they took away my season tickets and apparently according to three different friends six people were kicked out from our section alone in the game on Friday (so I’ve missed alot of people getting the boot). Then I would have to consider those that will get kicked out in the next 12 or so games since everyone knows neither the university nor the students are going to concede even though we both know which one is taking the tyrannical position.  Then finally I would have to take into account those that aren’t in my section who have received the ax and the confiscation of their season tickets. All in total that would be a lot of people that I would have to add up and I wouldn’t even be there to witness it. Therefore, to make it easier:

After the 10th Cornell hockey home game ALOT of Cornell students have been kicked out. I wouldn’t know how many since I was one of them. By the end of the season the entire student section will be missing and only the townies will be left. Oh wait some of the townies do the chants also. Well in that case half of the townies will be left by the end of the season.

Good night and good luck.

2 thoughts on “The Counter”