Veterinary students may get involved in research through a formal program, or by directly contacting a faculty member or clinician. We encourage students interested in research to read more about the work of different faculty members all across the veterinary college and at affiliated locations, and to contact those researchers directly to get involved. We do not currently have a central location to look up clinical research opportunities.
– Search CVM research projects, including wildlife and public health research
– Wildlife Conservation faculty researchers
– Lab of Ornithology
– Animal Health Diagnostic Center (AHDC) research projects
– New York State Cooperative Wildlife Health Program – a partnership between Cornell and the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) that provides surveillance, diagnosis, and management of wildlife diseases (contact Dr. Beth Bunting)
– Veterinary Investigators Program
– Veterinary Leadership Program
– Dual-degree DVM/PhD Program
– Read about students’ experiences navigating the variety of research opportunities at the vet school by clicking here.