Interested in Birding, but not sure where to start? Check out these amazing resources from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology!
All About Birds – articles and videos to help you get started on bird identification!
- Searchable Bird Guide by Species
- Quick Guide to Tricky Bird IDs
- Inside Birding 4-Part Instructional Video Series (free!) – IDing birds by size and shape, color, behavior, and habitat
- What food do I put in my birdfeeder?
- Finding the best binoculars for birding
- Browse more Bird ID Skills articles here!
Merlin Bird ID App – this free app, available for iPhone and Android, helps you quickly identify North America’s most common birds!
NestWatch – Help scientists collect data on nesting birds by monitoring active nests and recording your data online! NestWatch also provides you with tips on how to set up nest boxes, how to install cameras, how to deal with predators, and more!
Living Bird Magazine – this quarterly magazine is packed with photographs and articles about birds! Access featured articles online, or subscribe to the print magazine for $39 per year, and also receive a membership to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
How to Identify Bird Songs – this Bird Academy online course will help you identify the most common calls and songs of North American Birds. The Bird Song Spotlight Tool will teach you how to listen to bird sounds in their natural soundscapes. Try a free sample lesson, or take the course for $59.99. The course is self-paced and can be accessed as many times as you want!