If I were the superstitious sort, I would be wondering whether or not my last entry about the weather stuff is behind the sudden arrival of Winter to Ithaca.
It’s a full twenty-degrees warmer in Minsk right now.
Totally my bad.
Here are a few things for your consideration:
- The Intercampus Initiatives site was recently launched and is linked to from the Collaborative Culture section of cornell.edu.
You will probably notice that it has the cornell.edu grey nav bar. I assure you, this was intentional.
We have also launched two new wiki-based sites aimed at campus web developers.
- The Web Forum site is used to announce topics for our monthly meetings and share information and materials from those meetings.
- The Cornell Web Knowledgebase is a developing set of resources for those who work in the web at Cornell. I urge you all to go take a poke around in there and add/edit things as you see fit. This project will only work if the community gets behind it.
Both of the above sites should be viewable to anyone in the world, but you will need a Cornell net-id to edit or add content.
And, speaking of WIKIs…
There are at least three external WIKIs about Cornell. (Drop me a line or comment if you know of others?) None of these are officially sponsored, but all should be editable by anyone who signs up for an account.
- Cornell Wiki (login required to see content–account is free)
- CUWiki (No login needed to see content–account needed to edit pages)
- Cornell on Wikipedia (Yes, I am aware that they are using/misusing the old logo. There is a difference between omniscience and omnipotence.)
And, finally, I’d like to remind you all (but mostly Zac) about the nifty Email Notification Plugin that allows you to sign up for, well, email notification of updates to this blog. Look to the right. There it is nestled between LINKS and ARCHIVE. Just type in your email address (Zac) and hit the button. You can, of course, also subscribe to the blog’s RSS feed. But then you have to remember to check it (Zac).
I’m not even kidding about Minsk,
PS. We’ve changed our URL to viewsource.web.cornell.edu. The old one will still work, but wouldn’t you rather be hip to the times and update your bookmarks to the new?