We have been really good this year. (Well, mostly. There was that one incident with Google where I, personally, said some bad words and maybe wished bodily harm on a software engineer or two, but you shouldn’t hold that against anyone else. I take full responsibility.)
In fact, in the weeks leading up to your big day, we have been working very hard to make a lot of new content live on cornell.edu. I know you’re a busy guy, Santa, so here’s a brief punch-list of our latest accomplishments:
- The [very] long-awaited Athletics Bridge Page has just launched, complete with some new features that we’re hoping can be implemented in other places on the site. Be sure to check out the “Quick Links” and Header Icons. (And please note, Santa, that when I say “very long awaited”, I am referring to the fact that we have been talking about this since the site launched in 2004!)
- We also launched another [very] long-awaited section of the site. (And this time, “long-awaited” refers to at least a decade.) Check out the Emergency Information section. This also includes a new form of third-level navigation for the site. Check out the Planning: public link to take a gander.
- The Humanities page has a new feature that is now live. I’m sure it looks the same to your untrained eye, Santa, but please believe me when I assure you that the events listed on the page are now pulled dynamically from the university events calendar (no small feat!) where they were once manually curated. This will not only help the folks in the Humanities Office, but is also a pre-cursor to bigger things to come for campus as a whole with relation to the calendar.
- Cornell, as you know, is New York State’s land grant university. Everyone knows that. But, I ask you, Santa, does anyone really know what it means? Take a look at our new Land Grant Bridge page and find out! This page also reflects the first-ever change in the grey navigation bar on cornell.edu. I promise you, Santa, this was no light endeavor.
- And in order to make room for the Land Grant, we’ve split the former “Collections” bridge page into both Libraries and Collections, both of which are now linked from the column on the left.
So you see, Santa, we have been very, very busy bringing changes far and wide. And now that I have enumerated all our efforts, it’s time to get to the heart of this matter. A Wish List.
Santa, please bring us the following:
- More resources
- More hours in the day
- A bigger budget
- World Peace
Oh. And a pony.