And when I say “soon”, I mean SOON.
As in, tomorrow. (Barring catastrophe, of course.)
OWC has been working very closely with Tracy Vosburgh (Director of Development and Production in University Communications) to provide a vehicle on cornell.edu that will allow us to share a growing library of video content.
[This is a screen grab that I took yesterday--before the content was finalized. Do not be alarmed if the page looks slightly different when launched.]We’ve (and by “we”, I mean Carrie) been doing a lot of heads down work on this page in order to turn it around on a very tight deadline. Your input is very welcome. It’s scheduled to launch at noon tomorrow (11/22).Here’s a list of things for you to ponder:
- Does it work for you? (The streaming and the downloads. Please share your platform and browser if not.)
- Do you find the page to be user friendly?
- What sorts of things would you like to see here? (subjects of interest, that is)
- How long should the ideal video be (how long are you willing to sit at your computer to watch)?
And, of course, your general comments and reactions are welcome. You can respond here and I’ll pass them along to Tracy and Carrie.
In other news…
- We recently launched new identity guidelines for podcasts (and vodcasts).
- Phase one of the new Diversity Section was launched last week.
- We will, of course, be streaming the Shimon Peres lecture on November 28.
Happy Thanksgiving, folks.