Sure, I could make up excuses about why the blog has been so silent for the past month, but our relationship is stronger than that, don’t you think? I’m sorry, baby. Please, won’t you take me back?
It’s not that we haven’t been busy…
Precisely the opposite, in fact.
Here’s a brief–and by no means complete–list of what’s going on behind the scenes at cornell.edu:
- Pano images for the Fall (Cornell Orchards)
- New banner for the New York City section of the site
- An alumni bridge page
- A section dedicated to the university’s Land Grant mission.
- New bridge pages for the Libraries and Collections
- Bridge page for Athletics
- Expansions to the Social Sciences and Collaborative Culture pages
I’m hoping to get comps to share for the new pages.
We’re also working on a major project to upgrade the University Events Calendar. And that sounds so very easy, doesn’t it? Oh, let’s fix the calendar. How hard could it possibly be? Let’s just say that Jason had it easy with that whole “find the golden fleece” bit, okay?
Currently, Diane and Dirk are in the very early stages of requirements gathering–which means that they are traveling around campus having meetings with stake holders in an effort to develop a comprehensive list of needs that we can weigh against software specs when the time comes. Then we get to figure out what trade-offs are necessary. And THEN we get to think about how to make the project actually happen.
New Launches Around Campus
- Sustainable Campus
- Food Science
- Development Sociology
- United Way
- Art, Architecture, and Planning [Note: They consider this a "soft launch" and things might change.]
And this is not a “new” launch, technically speaking, but I’d like to make a plug for the Student Blogging Project which is being curated by yours truly and launched at the beginning of the semester.
Coming Soon to a Browser Near You
- Alumni Affairs will launch the Capital Campaign (complete with website) next week.
- Accompanying this, cornell.edu will be running new panos and adding a couple of features to the site. Stay tuned.