I am running out of cliches to use as titles…
New Things on cornell.edu
- The Faculty Highlights page has been updated to reflect 2006 honorees.
- There was a special run of three Reunion pano-images over this past weekend. My favorite was the baseball player.
Another new podcast
The Chronicle has uploaded a podcast of Commencement events. To subscribe to it, go to their RSS page and follow the instructions under the podcast header.
The long-promised “Physics in Music” podcast (see 5/12 entry) is still in the works. Last I heard (this morning, in fact), Lauren was heading into the studio to do the voiceover work.
Speaking of Podcasts…
The Identity Guidelines for podcasting at the university are nearing completion. We had a meeting yesterday to help determine what will be needed for additions to the Identity site and I think it’s going to be really cool.
We will be offering a series of suggested (but not required) downloads for intros and out-tros (is that even a word?) as well as “iconic” Cornell sounds–like the chimes playing the alma mater, for example. Users will be able to pick from these in combination and just plunk them into place when producing podcasts.
The idea is to build a library of interesting and diverse Cornell voices (and sounds) for users to pick from. If you have any suggestions about either, please drop us a line at email@example.com.
Personally, I would love to convince famous alumni to do some for us. Bill Nye, Toni Morrison, Dr. Joyce Brothers, Allen Funt, Bill Maher…the list is long. If you have connections to a famous alum, let me know!
You didn’t know Allen Funt was a Cornellian, did you? I wonder what he thinks of the Hi Mom! view from Barnes Tower…(Smile! Your lowriders are on candid camera!)
Coming Soon to a Browser Near You
- The New Student Reading Project will go live soon with their new site for the 2006 book The Great Gatsby.
- The Master Plan (I always expect to hear organ music -DUM DUM DUM when I say that) is due to launch their site any day now. I saw some comps the other day and really like some of the options they are considering for their version of the pano-space.
- We will be taking over the Cornell United Way site and moving it into cornell.edu in the coming months
Two Events of Interest to Campus Web Folks
- The ITMC (Information Technologies Managers Council) is sponsoring a day-long forum for IT professionals tomorrow (6/14). Check out the details
- The Student Activities Office is sponsoring a webinar on the topic of “Facebook On Campus: Understanding the Issues.” Also tomorrow (6/14). 1:00 pm in the WSH 5th floor lounge. You do not need to bring anything with you; we will have the computer & screen, along with the handouts that accompany the seminar. The webinar will last approximately 1.5 hours.
I have not forgotten about–nor am I ignoring–vobios’ questions about the Weill Medical School and the logo. I’m trying to get answers and will post about it as soon as I am able.
I think that’s all the news that’s fit to blog at the moment…