tmack asked about the status of the Med School site, specifically pointing out that they are using an OLD version of the logo (pre Big Red Box, even!).
Oh, how to put this delicately? We are…in negotiations with them regarding this issue. And when I say “we”, what I really mean is “people much higher up on the ladder than myself.”
Jason asked (and Joem seconded) What’s the status on a redesign for the Dean of Students (http://www.dos.cornell.edu) and my personal favorite, Fraternity and Sorority Affairs (http://www.dos.cornell.edu/FSA)?
Shannon at IWS tells me that they are currently wrapping up the consulting phase of a redesign project (with hopes to finish that by the end of June) and that, providing all goes well, they’re hoping to go live in the Fall.
Ears to the Ground…
- Biomedical Engineering just went live last week (in CommonSpot).
- Mann Library is currently in the latter parts of a redesign cycle and will be launching their new site (also in CommonSpot) this summer.
- Biological and Environmental Engineering is currently in redesign to bring their site into Identity compliance. No sense of when they will be launching.
And this is just cool:
- The Chronicle Online has done a time lapsed video of Commencement. You should all write to Karen and tell her how awesome it is.
- The Chronicle also did their annual set of Senior Profiles, which ran in conjunction with a series of pano-images on cornell.edu during the week leading up to Commencement. Carrie deserves credit and applause for coordinating all of the panos on our end, as do UPhoto and Sumul for their amazing image work.
- I have added a new category to this blog: 06 general information. From now on, you can expect that posts like this one will be filed there instead of under cornell.edu redesign.
- Don’t forget about the nifty plugin that allows you to sign up to be notified by email when this blog is updated. You’ll see the form field over there to your right.
- Incidentally, I have been getting some funky erorr messages from that plugin lately. I’m taking these to mean that spammers are trying to signup for notification (those people are just evil!) and have been mostly ignoring them. If you are a real (not evil) person and have been trying to sign up but are having troubles, please drop me a line off-blog and let me know? hck1 at cornell dot edu.