Some News About cornell.edu
- We recently launched a new section attached to the New York City Bridge Page. It contains expanded information about the NYC campus, as well as some new images. Content is still under revision and you should look for it to expand in the coming weeks.
- After receiving many complaints about the new view from the live cam on Ho Plaza (you folks should be nicer to Carrie, she’s new), Carrie has followed the example set by the Hotel School’s view from the Statler and come up with a series of pre-set views. These will be implemented this week, workload permitting. None of these views will be exactly like the old one. It’s gone, never to return. Much like Boardman Hall and KC and the Sunshine Band. Change is good. Change means you’re still alive.
Other things to look for on cornell.edu in the coming weeks
- A new banner for the Outreach section. I’m told it features spiders, which, I suppose, is an improvement over the poor Monkey King who has been languishing there for almost two years now.
- An archive for past Features in the Research section. This is something that Lesley has been asking for since we launched in 2004–I’m so glad we can finally oblige!
- Coming tweaks to the home page design. I’ll confess that I’m out of this particular loop at the moment, so I’m not entirely sure what this will entail. More as I learn it.
Oh Google, Google! Wherefor art thou, Google?
Owing to some unforeseen bumps in the road, we’re going to push back the launch of the Google appliance by about a week.
We’ve prepared a series of help documents that are located at:
Please feel free to poke around in there before the product goes live.
Campus developers should pay special attention to the Configuring Search Forms page, as the appliance will require changes to the code that is distributed with the Cornell Identity Banners and the developers’ templates. If you have any questions, or find any errors in the help pages, please drop us a line at email@example.com.
It is the east, and Google is the sun!