Whitecliff Vineyard and Winery- An Introduction

Hi there!

I’m very excited to share all my wonderful experiences I have here a at Whitecliff! So, for my first post I though I would give y’all bit of background  information about the winery and the incredible family that started it all.

Whitecliff is nestled in the Shawagunk Mountains, in Gardiner New York. Giving the inspiration for the lable and branding. Owners Michael and Yancey along with the rest of the Migliore family have dedicated over 30 years to making Whitecliff, arguably, one of the best wineries in the Hudson Valley.

Now, in 2019 Whitecliff is celebrating their 20th vintage year. Voted by Hudson Valley Magazine “Best In the Hudson Valley” in 2017, along with a handful of awards including double gold at the Finger Lakes and San Francisco International Wine Competitions.

The winery and main vineyard sits on a 40+ acre parcel of land, with over 18 acres of vines planted. Whitecliff sources their grapes from vineyards in Long Island, the Finger Lakes, and the Hudson Valley, allowing them to bottle over 20 different labels. In 2015 Whitecliff expanded, and planted over 5 acres of vines in Hudson New York. Some of the main varietals planted include Seyval blanc, Cabernet Franc, Gamay, Vidal blanc, and Pinot noir.

The goal of this blog is to share my thoughts, challenges, and new experiences during my first internship here at Whitecliff.

Who knows, maybe I’ll be the next Julie Powell.

Kyla

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.