July 25, 2014
Highlights for week of July 21 include:
- ForeCast: Another week of near normal weather. Growing degee days are right about normal for the 15 year average. High heat stress was present across the region. A normal temp week expected with highs in the 80’s and lows in the 60’s.Visit the ForeCast website for the latest turf-related weather.
- Focus is on keeping the grass you have alive for the next month, not growing new grass. Unless of course you are in the Scholastic sports turf management field.
- New herbicide formulations coming
- Chinch bugs in high grass/fescue areas
- Tools you need to closely monitor soil moisture