October 23, 2014
Highlights for week of October 20 include:
- ForeCast: The season is closing up with about 2 to 3 less weeks of heat than last year, but very close to the 15 year average. Persistent dry conditions in some areas now seeing some relief. Visit the ForeCast website for the latest turf-related weather.
- Late-season N poses greater risk of leaching beyond the root zone.
- Sustainable broadleaf weed control.
- Overseeding Kentucky bluegrass in sports fields.
New York State Turfgrass Conference
- Myth: Synthetic turf takes less maintenance than natural.
- And more.