The Division of Financial Affairs (DFA) hosted a “DFA Conversations” event February 28, at which they featured SAP Concur, Cornell’s new travel system. Watch the following video presentation to learn more about Concur, its benefits and features, the travel and expense process, the pilot phase of the project, and what you can expect during implementation in your unit.
SAP Concur is now being implemented across campus, as a cost-effective, web-based and mobile-enabled travel planning solution that lets Cornell business travelers manage all travel-related tasks – from approvals to reservations to reporting and reimbursement – in one place. Learn more in this short video from Concur.
Concur was pilot-tested for 18 months with about 1,800 staff and faculty across 21 units. Feedback has been largely positive, and staff in DFA are working directly with departments to ensure a smooth transition for the entire campus.
“I believe the Concur system has simplified our travel processes for faculty and staff at ILR, not only on the front end in arranging trips but also in completing the reimbursement process,” said Joe Grasso, associate dean for finance, administration and corporate relations at ILR.
Said one Concur user in a post-implementation survey: “It’s faster for the traveler. They can do everything by way of their mobile device.” Said another: “Everything is in one place, organized and streamlined. I don’t have to think about categories for expenditures and I cut the paperwork process literally in half (or better).”
With Concur, users can:
- Book travel themselves or use the travel agency chosen for Concur.
- Take advantage of Cornell’s negotiated discount rates with preferred travel vendors.
- Connect their own rewards programs to Concur. Some vendors offering reward points will send itemized electronic receipts directly to Concur, helping users complete their expense reports.
- Use the SAP Concur mobile app to submit receipts with a photo, manage expense reports, book travel and manage itineraries.
- Use the TripIt Pro mobile app to view itineraries and get travel alerts, local maps, and other information. Users also can connect existing TripIt subscriptions with Concur and get Pro features at no cost.
For business-related travel expenses, eligible travelers can pay with a corporate-pay Travel and Meal Card. Those expenses are sent directly to Concur for inclusion in the user’s expense reports. Concur will match card transactions with the receipts submitted. The user needs only to verify transactions and enter itemizations when necessary.