Last (?) Homecoming

This weekend was homecoming at Cornell. Everywhere on campus and in collegetown seemed full of alums. After freshman year, I didn’t go to the homecoming games or events. It’s easy to feel too busy for that. But this time, one of my friends who graduated this past summer came back to visit, so I went to the game with her and I’m glad I did!

Say hello to Touchdown, the bear

Say hello to Touchdown, the bear

There was a homecoming fair, with some food, drinks, face paint stations and even a ferris wheel. All current students got free homecoming tshirts and I thought the senior shirt was very clever.

At the stadium

For the first time, it did not rain during the game. Cornell played against Yale and we won. Much of American football still doesn’t make sense to me. But it was fun to cheer for Cornell in a sea of Red at Schoellkopf Stadium! As we were leaving the stadium, I had the bittersweet realization that this had been my homecoming as a student. Bitter because over the last three years, I have grown to love Cornell and truly feel at home here. And sweet because I can always “come home” as an alumna.

They set up nice photo locations! :D

They set up nice photo locations! 😀

2 thoughts on “Last (?) Homecoming